1. Matt Damon, who played as Jason Bourne in the main Bourne trilogy, will not be reprising his role for this movie. The actor made it clear that he would not do the fourth film without director Paul Greengrass, who directed both Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum.
2. The Asian premiere of the movie will be shown in Resort World Manila in Pasay City, Philippines on August 5, 2012. The US release date is on August 10, 2012, while showing will be three days later in the UK.
3. The fourth installment will tell a story that deals with the consequences of the actions of Matt Damon's character Jason Bourne. The original Bourne trilogy gets rebooted as (Renner) is recruited and trained for the shady purposes of the Treadstone Project.
4. Before this movie was seriously considered, director Paul Greengrass jokingly suggested to make a fourth Bourne movie called "The Bourne Redundancy".
5. Renner will play as Aaron Cross in this film. He explains his character to Empire: "He's coming from a completely different background to Jason. He knows exactly who he is; he signed up to this...He wants to be part of a team. I can tell you he was in the military then he joined the programme. He's a person who wants to be part of something... to have a sense of purpose. But then it's taken away." Cross, real name , is an Operation Outcome operative from Reno, Nevada.
6. Renner received 5 million USD for Legacy and has agreed to do two (2) more movies for the franchise.
7. According to Hollywood Reporter, Renner’s toughest scene did not include any of the significant stunt work that the film required. The most difficult thing was “being sick: I had to degrade to near death in the movie, where I had to shake for many minutes, and it looks like it’s nothing, but when it’s over I was more sore than I was the entire shoot.” Director Tony Gilroy called Renner’s performance “very explosive.” “This is the highest degree of difficulty, emotionally and physically,” he added.
8. The film also stars , Edward Norton, Oscar Isaac, Stacy Keach, Corey Stoll alongside returning originals David Strathairn, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn and Albert Finney.
A possibility of Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner in Bourne 5?
Producers of the film has not given up hope that Damon will return in future franchise. Producer Frank Marshall told Empire, 'You see there are several different programmes in the movie with different skill sets. All possibilities are open. My dream is that in the next one we see Matt and Jeremy team up."
Damon confirmed that the new film does not rule out of possibility of him returning to the role of Bourne one day. He had given his blessing to the new Bourne film and admitted that he hopes to reunite with director Paul Greengrass. "I really want to do another one with Paul and I'm sure it'll happen someday, but for now they're doing this," he told Shortlist.
Who would not want to see Damon and Renner in the 5th installment? If Legacy would be successful, I would love to see both actors working together in the future.
Behind the Scenes (ET):