Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mariah Carey Signs Up as Judge for American Idol Season 12



It is finally confirmed. The successful pop diva Mariah Carey is the next American Idol’s judge.

“As a singer, songwriter and producer, it’s going to be fun and rewarding to help find new talent and give back with American Idol,” said Mariah Carey. “I’m currently in the studio working on my new album and its first single, ‘Triumphant,’ which will be out early next month. I can’t wait to channel my creative energy as a part of this show which is a massive global phenomenon.”

Idol host Ryan Seacrest was among the first celebrities to tweet a shout-out: "Welcome to the fam @MariahCarey!! When u and @nickcannon need a date night, I'm happy to strap on the double baby bjorn."

And Idol Season 6 winner Jordin Sparks expressed her excitement via Twitter as well: "I can't wait to watch @mariahcarey as a judge!! I LOVE her!!"

"I think she's going to find it difficult to say no" to contestants, former Idol and current X Factor judge Simon Cowell said later during a television critics' panel for his show. "She's sweet."

It is rumored that the 42-year old diva will get as much as 12 to 17 million USD for joining the judging panel for Season 12. Jennifer Lopez received 12 million for her first season as  Idol judge.

Do you think Mariah Carey will help improve the declining ratings of the show?




No comments:

Post a Comment